Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebrating the 4th in California

The 3rd and 4th was fun. We celebrated in Colfax, watched the parade downtown and then Dutch Flat the following day. The kids rode in a train that their grandpa made for the local Lions Club, throwing candy to the crowd. This year they had water guns. Fun!!












My favorite part of the parade was seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales up close. Beautiful horses. Loved the Dalmation! After the parade was over we headed over to see the Mini Dotson and the Soap Box Races then headed to the pool and back to the house for a BBQ before the fireworks.


We watched the fireworks at RJ Miles construction and got waay tooo close!! This is when its great to know someone in the family who can get us front row seats, and not worry about parking. He just moved some heavy equipment and we were in. The concrete below us made the fireworks echo like explosions all around us. The best view ever, shook me up good!! never seen them like that before! Whoa! I was laying flat on my back gripping onto my daughters arm for dear life, when I shot this photo showing how close we were, yikes!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website