Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I've Been Up To

Its been about a month since my last post, yikes!! and a lot has been happening since then. The kids are out of school so we've been having fun swimming, biking and enjoying the river. I have made it mandatory to start taking time for myself, even if its only an hour. Its made a huge difference in my productivity and stress levels. I would work 24/7 if I could, but it doesn't make a very happy me.

I have taken a little turn in my designs. I have been thinking for awhile about incorporating some of my leather, vinyl and other fabrics into some recycled materials. I have been hanging on to years of denim jeans and some cargo pants because I thought they would make great bags someday. Well, I finally started digging into my collection and here are a few things that I've created. I am loving painting lots more too as you can see in the next photograph!



and a ...Cargo pant bucket Tote with graphic t-shirt and thread painting on my commercial machine.

and Here are a few more pictures of some denim I have done so far...



This one made it to this cute treasury created by designedbymere on Etsy


I am just now beginning another bag made out of some recycled plaid and camo pants with a graphic t-shirt mixed in. Here is a progress shot.



I hope to have something to share with you soon. I am going to try and be better at posting on my blog.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website