Friday, June 25, 2010

HandPainted Art Collage Tote

My latest bags included some thread painting and utilization of old scraps that I had painted for some previous work. I had no use for them and had been holding on to them for the perfect project and this turned out to be the one! I created 2 bucket totes using a large piece scrap of upholstery that I painted with random artist acrylics. (you can see the fabric being painted in my profile pic) Then I continued using some random bits of leather and other scraps to create a collage of interest. I also used some cotton fabric from a recycled skirt that I altered. It was fun to add some thread painted accents as a design element on the handle and also within the bag design itself, something I had a lot of fun with!

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website