Monday, September 1, 2008

Completion!

Time to celebrate! I am so happy this bag is done. It was a really big job, bigger than I really expected. Now I am free! That is it for shows, donations, special orders, etc. right now. I can focus on some new projects that are fun this week.



In this months issue of Quilting Arts magazine, I was inspired by the pet portraits that were featured by artist Karin Winter. This months challenge for my quilting group is to make a 12 x 12 block using any technique I'd like, so I decided I would try this technique out, but also because I have always been curious about doing more fabric collage. Karin talks about how she started making ATC's in fabric and it was more difficult to focus on details in such a small space so she moved on to making 8.5x10" portraits. I just think that it would be fun to work on a miniature scale 2.5 x 3.5", so I might try it out smaller too, just to see what it is like. I will also be adding some more cases to my shop and working on some other pieces I have had lined up. They have been waiting patiently:)

2 comments:

Bunny B said...

YAY! Freedom! :) Congrats on completing the bag! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

The bag is adorable!

 

blogger templates|My Website