Friday, August 8, 2008

Beautiful Cars!!!

While working on a new bag last night I realized that I needed more antique brass rivets. This bag is loaded with them on the front and back. So I headed over to Tandy Supply and then Joann's for leather needles.

On the way back my daughter and I stopped at the Grand Sierra Resort for about an hour and took some pictures of the awesome cars that owners were showing off at the annual Hot August Nights "Show and Shine" in the parking lot. I selected a few of my favorites and made a mini collage out of it. So many beautiful cars and so much color!! This is a really big event and draws so many people. I think it would be so much fun to own a classic car!

So now that I have some tools I should be able to make some more progress tonight on the new bag. I am happy with how its coming out and have been thinking about some dark jewel tones for fall and doing this one in a variety of colors.

Tomorrow will be a beautiful day on the Truckee River as we go on our annual rafting trip with a huge group of about 70 people and then lunch at the River Ranch Lodge. Wow! Glad I am not buying lunch for everyone! Hope to get lots of nice pictures to post tomorrow.
One of the great things about my camera is that I can take it underwater:) Its great for trips like this because there will be lots of water fights coming at all directions!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website