Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Shops

I know I mentioned that I was going to move my shop a little at a time but I couldn't wait! I have been wanting to do this for so long, so I just did it! Now I can relax and start building up my shops again. I have 2 shops now. One shop is for my newest bags and the other one is my bargain shop which I will carry items that have been reduced and would like to clear out. I will be creating a section for drastically reduced items within my bargain shop as well, for the things I'd really like to sell quickly. My newer shop will be more focused and carry my newest designs. In the last 6 months, I have come to learn lots more about design and my skills and quality are improving so much and it just seemed only right to have a brand new shop. The username I had for my first shop was "beadsinatwist" and that was a name I picked because at the time I was making crochet wire and beaded jewelry and I was intending on selling jewelry but soon realized that I didn't really like the name representing my handbags so I grabbed the uniquehandbags username, which seemed more appropriate. I was disappointed at first that Etsy didn't allow changing of usernames( It now makes sense to me why. What a mess it would be if that was allowed). So I figured out a way to make it all work. I thought about the hearts and the favorites and I think its something like 450 hearts that will be lost somewhere in space, but I had to stop letting that control the things I wanted to do. I want to do better things for my business and had to tell myself this "heart thing" is not the most important issue. I hope that if people want to find my shop they will. I will eventually start making jewelry and reopen the beadsinatwist shop so I am hanging on to it for now. So I think I did the right thing for me.

OOOoooh Back to work tomorrow. I spent all day(literally) re-uploadiing my items and juggling multiple browsers, making new banners, fixing broken links on my blog(Oh if you happen to see any that I missed I would really appreciate you letting me know:)- thank you:) I think it was all worth it. I feel a sense of relief that I can now say uniquehandbags and not have people look at me with confusion as I say, beadsinatwist

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website