Thursday, December 4, 2008

Truckee River Handbag in the Winter

Yesterday I completed this black and white handbag made with a photo printed on canvas. I love this photograph; its taken in the winter on the Truckee River right after the snow. There is a photographer standing on the river edge dressed in all black with his tripod set up. You can see a church in the background behind him. The canvas was attached using silver rivets all the way around. I used some really soft suede fabric for the inside lining and added a zipper on top. This was the first of 2 in a series; the second one is a photo of the river looking upstream without the buildings in the background. Most of the bag is already cut out, I just need to sew it all together. I will be working on it tomorrow and should have it completed by the end of the day if all goes well.




Today I finished up this bag that I started working in last Sunday.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website