Sunday, December 7, 2008

Featured Artist - Ashley Jennings

I noticed that my blog page was having some loading issues tonight so I removed the indiego connection java script and it loads fine now. It was dragging my blog down and the page was taking forever to load. There is nothing more annoying than that. So its all fixed now!!

One thing I wanted to mention is that I have a new featured artist. Her name is Ashley Jennings.

Last night we were at the boutique during the Wine walk. We sat and chatted while she worked on some illustrations and I added some sequins to some of my owl ornaments. She was there producing custom drawing for customers as they visited. I absolutely love her illustration style and see great things ahead for her. She makes the greatest bird mobiles and also paints furniture too. So talented!







After the Wine walk last night my family went out and found a Christmas tree and decorated. I bought the cutest sheep ornament for my daughter. It is made by 3 woman in the Orcas Islands in Washington. You can find more of their work on Etsy at BossysFeltworks.etsy.com
My other favorite is the sheep pin cushions, which are the most adorable things I have ever seen!! I am adding this one to my wish list:)

I've had a very productive week and I am currently working on a custom order for someone I met at Steamboat Springs last week when I visited for my massage. She ordered a custom bag for her daughter who makes pottery with angels on them, so I am making a bag with her angel mark on it. I have getting busier and busier and the newest thing is trying to relax and find more of a balance in my life. Things are good, I just need more balance and I will be happier!

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website