Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Projects

I had a great time last night at my quilting group meeting! It was nice to share my recent projects, get feedback, see others work and also hang out with friends. I got some advise to "not" to try the new fall pumpkin quilt I was going to attempt. Apparently the flying geese are a real challenge to get perfect and precise and may not be the best first timer project, so I may be doing a revised version or at least just one patch, just to see what its all about.

The pet portrait I am working on is coming out nice. Here is a photo of my progress so far. I got a little side tracked from the direction in Quilting Arts mag and decided to attempt my own version. I took some black cotton fabric and used a bleach pen to lift the color on the lighter areas of the dog. Then I fused her to the background and thread painted it giving it texture. I added some acrylics to the mouth for color and used a fabric marker for more details. I will be finishing it up and mailing it to my mother in law as a gift.

My moms birthday is coming up quickly and I decided to take some old photographs and do some fabric collage with them. I will post my progress on that when I start on it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website