Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fabric Collage

I thought I'd post some progress on the collage. Its probably the most interesting thing I have been working on for awhile. I love when I have the chance to really be creative. I have always admired fabric collage but haven't really gotten into it so here is my opportunity. I have my pencil sketch of what I want to do in front of me while I am working and I have just applied fusing to the back of this upholstery fabric which I thought was perfect, it has a lot of similarities of tree bark. I cut out the trunk and the branches and ironed it onto my painted background and will continue with more of it tomorrow. Everything will be machine and hand sewn to the background as it progreses.

I am filming little by little the sequence to this project and hope that if all goes well I will be posting a video of it as well. Wish me luck on that! Its a little more difficult than I thought it would be originally.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website