Saturday, June 28, 2008

Patchwork Clutch

More progress, I am now sewing the rows together after cutting and piecing the strips. I am not sure how I came up with these colors but I like it. It reminds me of folk art colors and a little bit of Halloween. This is the first time I have attempted anything like this so, it will be interesting to see how I do with it.
_________________________________________________

Cutting up fabrics. I must be crazy trying to work with these small pieces. The final size will be 1" squares. The fabric is really thick too. Ultrasuede and microfiber material so it will be really soft and fuzzy. The pink fabric is a velvet type. Pin cushion in photo is made by Bean of coyotecraft.etsy.com She also makes some great organizers for knitting and crochet needles too. Check out her Etsy shop.
_________________________________________________

This is an idea from a sketch I did last night . I thought I would try something different and do a patchwork clutch in colors of hot pink, orange and 2 other colors. Not sure on specifics yet. I'd like to make the top handle out of leather somehow. So this is the general idea and will get started on it this afternoon. I will be updating as soon as I make some progress.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website