Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Creating Leather Petals for New Bag

Here are some progress pictures of what I have done so far. I made a small video clip of the sewing of the details in the petals. If you feel like watching it click here. My mini camera does short clips but isn't the greatest for video so I am going to be shopping for a camera to be able to post my own videos and show the making of my bags, from the concept to the construction. Right now I am just playing around and getting a feel for the camera.
_______________________________________________________________________________
I decided to go with an opalescent beige and creamy white leather first. So far I am cutting out the petals. I need to figure out how I am going to do the flower centers. Sewing through multiple layers of leather by hand like this can be a big job. Might need the help of my machine. Its tough on the fingers!

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website