Sunday, May 25, 2008

An Inspirational Custom Bag

I know that I already mentioned that I was working on a custom bag that a client requested. Well I finally finished it and wow that was a challenge. She provided a photograph and I did my best to create a similar style in the closest colors and materials I could possibly find. This is what I came up with and it was a challenge for me as I had to construct my own pattern for this bag with nothing but a photograph which I have never done before. She wanted it to also be slightly larger. I usually make my own patterns but this one was different as it was not out of my head, rather from a picture. My client expressed that she wanted me to use the design for inspiration and make it my own and that is what I did with this piece. It came out gorgeous and I am very proud of it. I hope to take the things I have learned from this job and use them with future creations. I think that if you want to become a better designer at anything it is necessary to study how the pros do it. This is true with anything, even drawing and painting. So I am very glad I had this opportunity and can apply what I have learned to all my future designs. The most exciting part for me is I learned how to put in a top zipper!!! And I have more confidence than I had before.

1 comment:

WindsOfChanges said...

Beautiful! It sounds like you learned a lot from your experiment.
Thank you for sharing.

 

blogger templates|My Website