Friday, February 29, 2008

Etsy Trashion Street Team

I joined the Etsy Trashion Street Team! Sounds like this could be a lot of fun. There are so many creative people on this team. I can't wait to meet them all.


Here is a description of what we do:

We are a group of over 160 Etsy shops from around the world who specialize in turning trash into treasure. The Etsy Trashion Street Team is about visualizing beauty in unconventional objects and materials. We fabricate art, jewelry, fashion and objects for the home from used, thrown-out & found elements. For us, trashion is a philosophy and an ethic. It encompasses environmentalism and innovation, and respects the human creative and healing potential.
A list of our current Street Team members can be found in our Favorite Sellers
(an easy way to check out all our members' incredibly amazing shops).



It is a really great concept! I am really looking forward to networking with them.
Today I will be working on a bag to list in our "team store" on Etsy.

My project is working from and existing belt that I had. Maybe I wore it 2 times. It has 14 heavy metal flowers that have openings that sueded strips weave in and out of. I selected a nice scrap piece of upholstery fabric and I will be applying the belt as an accent to the bag. When it is done I will be listing it on www.etsytrashion.com

Can you visualize it completed? This is so much fun. I love to create like this.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website