Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Photo Challege to Applique

Have I officially lost my mind?! I am beginning to think so. This is more of a meditative thing for me than anything. I do challenge myself and take on way more than I should at times, but the great part about that is I am constantly learning. I am to create a bag using all scraps, using painting and stitching for details and accents. I hope this turns out and doesn't end up in the trash. So far I am liking it. The story on this challenge is that I received an e-mail this morning from National Geographic and photos of cherry blossom trees, I loved this photo the most and wanted to create something using it as a inspirational tool. I am still in the process of rearranging and cutting out the artwork so lots may change between this photo and the next. More progress photos coming soon.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Pamela, I love this! I can't wait to see your next photo...

Uniquehandbags.net said...

I am taking my sweet time on this one, I am so distracted by other projects! Hope to have more to share soon.

Ashley Jennings said...

Love it!

helenverbena said...

I was envisioning its outcome, and it surpassed my imagination. More importantly, Pamela's vision and the tote is even more amazing! I just love it!

Helen

 

blogger templates|My Website