Monday, October 26, 2009

From Wall Art to Tote Bag

Here is something I have been holding onto. It was going to originally be a wall hanging but last week I decided that it would make a nice tote bag. I will be working on it this evening and give you some progress photos tomorrow. There is something so cool about giving the scrap upholstery fabrics and leather a new life. This is why I enjoy working with these materials so much. I would really like to get back into more of the art form of sewing and doing more fabric art and applique work. This one has a leather tree trunk and I used microfiber and ultrasuede for the flowers and upholstery for the bird and some of the leaves. The background is a piece of scrap upholstery that I prepped with acrylics.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website