Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Making Art Purses with Recycled Plastic Bags

The perfect night to take a breather and do a fun project. I have been wanting to try making some handbag clutches out of recycled and melted fused plastic grocery bags forever now.
I just picked up the latest Cloth Paper Scissors magazine and found Alisa Burke's method of making bags, so it is the perfect opportunity for me to do some experimenting. I just love her work. I really have the urge to do something creative again and she is so inspiring. I want to get messy with paints and pull something from my crazy energy lately. I have done bags in recycled dryer sheets before so I cant imagine that this is too much different and I love the different textures and colorful stitching. This might be a great addition to add to my show coming up on March 9th.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website