Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fabric Choices

I am using this nice upholstery fabric to make another tote. I have been looking at this fabric for a while now and couldn't decide what to do with it. The hardest part about working with reclaimed and scrap materials is deciding if a particular fabric would even look good as a bag. Not all the fabrics I have will make good bags, but this one I do like. I will be working more with some of my plain fabrics soon and adding some painting to my work again. This really helps to make a fabric that is in question to becoming a work of art.

One example of a plain fabric that I took and made into art is this one. I added some solids and some decorative stitching to make it more fun. I will start focusing on more bags like this one soon.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website