Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saddle Bag Gift

I just finished making the saddle bag for a very nice lady that is helping me out. She rides horses everyday and loves to have one of these to take on long rides to put her things in. I love to be able to return favors and show my appreciation with gifts. She has been using her grandfathers bag and it was beat up and nasty and is beyond repair. I cant even believe it was still being used. The buckles were broken and the leather all stiff. Take a look at the old bag and the new one I made for her. I hope she likes it. I had a heck of a time with the thick thread I used and the machine was jamming up the entire time so I used lots of rivets for extra reinforcement in the seams and in the spots that will get the most abuse. Wow, what a project, but it is accomplished and I cant wait to give it to her.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website