Thursday, June 26, 2008

Playing with Paint

Change in plans. I guess the fabrics weren't really exciting me too much so I thought I would have a little fun today and play with paint and try a little fabric painting. We'll see how that goes. I will share some photographs later if they are worth posting here. Well, off to the post office I go and then time to have some fun!

Well I can say that this takes a lot of practice. I never let myself paint like this and its a challenge especially doing faces. I end up doing too much and it comes out looking funny. But I am here to have fun today right. My inspiration for attempting this painting comes from Paulette Insall who is obviously an amazing artist. Maybe someday with practice I will become as good as she is. I don't know her techniques or how she does what she does but she does offer classes and I am tempted to try them out sometime. Right now I am winging it and just experimenting with what I have. I bought a brayer and have been scared to use it and saw Paulette using one and it didn't look so bad so I thought I'd give it a try today. I don't own any stamps so everything I do is freehand. I used a sheet of flowers I pressed for reference and I thought that I would go over this piece and thread paint with the sewing machine. I hope that I don't mess it up too bad but I am not happy with it right now as it is so here I go.....














No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website