Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Final Stages

Its been a long and busy day but I somehow managed to squeeze in a few hours of work. I will be finished with this one tomorrow. I really like what is happening with this bag. I did something a little different on the sides of this one. I applied handmade leather piping that is folded and doesn't have any cording so its nice and soft. The one thing I really like about using upholstery fabrics is that most of the time I dont have to use any stabilizers or foundations because the fabric already has a nice structure to it and holds up very well in its shape. The inside of this one is lined with a salmon color ultrasuede that is so soft and compliments the outside pattern and the slip pockets inside are lined with the same pattern as the outside. I will be finishing it off with a top zipper and double leather handles tomorrow.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website