Friday, May 16, 2008

Warmer Days

I tend to stay up late at night, going to bed around midnight. I like to grab a book or sketch but last night I did something different and started to add some color to my drawing I started last week. Watercolor in bed doesn't quite work too well due to the lighting but that didn't stop me. I think I will finish the rest in natural light though, so I can see what I am doing.
Another thing I worked on was adjusting a few details, like the direction of her hair and the dress since the wind is blowing to the right it just didn't make much sense for her hair to be blowing a different direction so I made adjustments. As you can see from the original drawing it is much better.

I made more progress on the new custom bag. Looks beautiful so far! I worked on the buckles adding eyelets and stitching. This is all per request of a client of mine. She specified the design from a photograph she provided and I am learning a lot from it. I hope to take some of these elements into future bags that I design. I love all the hardware. It adds so much to the finished piece. This is a very good reason to do custom work. It forces you to do something different and tackle new ideas. Also it is challenging me to think in terms of how it is all constructed. Making sure that I dont have to redo a lot of the work.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website