Monday, May 26, 2008

Ideas From My Sketchbook

While waiting for the glue to dry on my tassels today I went through some old sketches of ideas for handbags and this is the page that caught my eye first. One of the great things about keeping a daily sketchbook is that when you really are in the need of inspiration you can pull from your own original ideas very quickly and don't have to spend a lot of time coming up with a concept; its already there for you. I will be working in these tomorrow once my current project is completed.

They will be similar to this bag design that I completed in March with a few minor differences. I really enjoy the graphic elements in design. Big bold and colorful images that get your attention. I also enjoy hand cutting every detail each piece truly unique.

I have a feeling that the sketch of the rose in the center is going to be my favorite. It reminds me a little of this bag that I made for my etsy shop in February. I guess you can say I have a thing for flowers!!

1 comment:

administrator said...

Really nice work. I like the second one in the deep reds. Looks like you have a winner with this one. You should do well.
Potpourri Emporium

 

blogger templates|My Website