Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Random Project

I think I may have said this before, that most of the time there is no rhyme or reason for me doing the things I do and it is mostly random when I choose a project. I will sometimes choose a fabric and add embellishments to it to create a custom look or will just do some experimenting with ways to make an existing fabric unique. I really like this metallic vinyl but was hesitant about using it to make a handbag because it has such a surface to it that any marking or crease would stand out. So I had this idea... What if I folded sections over and stitched them to create sort of a pleat, then this would not be an issue. Wow! how cool is this! I love the way it looks so far. I think I am going to fold the pleats over and decorate with rivets and strips of leather or something complimentary. I haven't decided yet.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website