Sunday, April 6, 2008

More Flower Bag Progress

I made a lot of progress today on the flower bag and there were a few changes. What I had in my sketchbook ended up being slightly different. I started with the leaves and then my art director husband had to stop in and ask a bunch of questions. He gave me a puzzled look and was curious about the construction of my design and this made me rethink what I was doing. He said I should not fold my leaves in because they were the thing he liked about it the most. So then I had to go a completely different direction and figure out how I could still make it all work. I will post my original sketch and then the finished piece when I am done so you can see the changes I made. Somewhere in the process I began to question if what I was doing was going to mess up my whole project, but just kept working trying to ignore those little voices in my head. The whole idea of this was to have fun and here I was getting serious. I had to stop myself and think about how much fun I was having and how great it was going to be when finished. I had no idea I would have it finished so soon and I am so excited to share it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website