Saturday, March 22, 2008

Something fun

I did something different today. I submitted work to my first magazine. Quilting Arts magazine. I entered the "Go Green" Challenge with hopes to get published . That would be so awesome. I really like that magazine. Its great for inspiration since there are so many talented artists out there. So many creative people. I was reading somewhere in the last issue that because of the huge audience and artists that submit work , they find it harder and harder to pick who is actually featured. I believe that too. Seems like these days its highly competitive and the interest in art is growing and so popular and that is really good because there are so many more resources out there now for information on how tos and such. Seems like you can find anything you are looking for now online or bookstore.

My energy seems to have been zapped today. Not sure why, but I am in the mood for some bright and colorful fabrics and flowers. I have some projects lined up that may just lift my spirits an bit. Went rollerskating today and saw a movie, "Horton Hears a Who"
It was a great movie. Really makes you think about those dust specks now. Ha!
Reminds me a bit about how in the summer all the tiny insects are busy in their own little worlds and here we are taking care of them. Well at least I do. I love the insects . I cant say that for everyone. We really are small compared to the insect world. Makes you really think about things. Reminds me of how fragile life is and we at times can forget to appreciate it.

I don't have any pictures to post of work today, but here is a wallet I made yesterday.



No comments:

 

blogger templates|My Website